domingo, 19 de março de 2017

Música ao Domingo #33: Chuck Berry "Roll Over Beethoven"


Chuck Berry performs "Roll Over Beethoven" at the BBC Television Theatre, London on Wednesday 29th March 1972. Backed by Dave Harrison - drums, Billy Kinsley - bass, Jimmy Campbell - guitar, Michael Snow - piano. HD

I'm gonna write a little letter,
gonna mail it to my local DJ
It's a rockin' rhythm record
I want my jockey to play
Roll Over Beethoven, I gotta hear it again today

You know, my temperature's risin'
and the jukebox blows a fuse
You know, my heart's beatin' rhythm
and my soul keeps on singin' the blues
Roll Over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news

Well, if you feel you like it
go get your lover, then reel and rock it
Roll it over and move on up just
a trifle further and reel and rock it,
one another
Roll Over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news

[instrumental]

Well, early in the mornin' I'm a givin' you a warnin'
don't you step on my blue suede shoes
Hey diddle diddle, I am playin' my fiddle,
ain't got nothin' to lose
Roll Over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news

Roll Over Beethoven,
Roll Over Beethoven,
Roll Over Beethoven,
Roll Over Beethoven,
Roll Over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news

Fonte: ST Lyrics [adaptado]

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário